Thursday, November 6, 2008
My heart breaks...
As I sit here, there is a huge protest going on outside of the Los Angeles Temple. Needless to say, I am not surprised, but it angers, saddens, and makes me sick to my stomach. To hear people scream such derogatory, hurtful, and slanderous statements aimed at my church and in front of my temple is almost too much to bear. I find it so ironic that these protesters are screaming "No more hate" and then in the next breath screaming how much they hate us! They want a more "tolerant" and "accepting" society, yet they are trying to infringe upon our rights and tell us we are in the wrong for believing as we do. I know it will only get worse as time goes by; sometimes I wonder just what my children will have to one day endure. It brings new and empathetic feelings for our pioneer ancestors who were so persecuted and forced to sacrifice so much. The days ahead will be filled with turmoil and the world calling good, evil and evil things good. Now more than ever, it is important to pick your side and stand with the Lord and our Heavenly Father. I am comforted in knowing that I am not alone in this battle against Satan. We have our families, our wards, our friends, and most of all the Holy Ghost to comfort and guide us through these turbulent times. May Heavenly Father pour out His spirit upon us all and give us the courage to fight the good fight and be a standard of truth and righteousness. At the end of the day, we know which side will prevail and we can take comfort in knowing that the Lord and those who follow him will always come off conquerors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Very nicely put Hilo. Very scary times. I'm just so boggled about the whole thing. When there is a vote...only 1 side wins. So, why the argument? They got it on the ballot...we voted...and now they are upset because they didn't win. I guess more people, right now, believe in keeping marriage traditional. Both sides fought so hard. Accept it, move on, and challenge us again in the next few years or whatever!
Hily...your post was beautiful and I thought about calling you today. I too was sick and sad watching the BIGOTRY going on in front the temple. But, Stephen calmed me down and said that their response is full of hate and we should not respond with the same anger. Although, I have to admit that I was glad to see the Samoan power standing up for their temple. It would be interesting to see what these crowds would do if all us members were standing PEACEFULLY in front of our temple protecting it. Maybe the media coverage would change and recognize which side is actually exhibiting BIGOTRY and HATE. I know our temple will be protected as we will also be protected as we stand our ground and on the Lord's side following his commandments. I love you, Hily and please know that you have me right there with you!
I'm just mostly tired of it all. ha ha I JUST wrote about my feelings today because I was still sorting them all out. I feel bad for them. One because they are just being sore losers...let's call a spade a spade and two because our church never seems to catch a breath!! What about all the GOOD the mormons do as opposed to one election?? Ridiculous! I am still willing to fight the good fight! The only way for evil to win is for good men to do nothing....
Post a Comment